Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I don't think so........

As some of you know, Mimi (my daughter) has become quite attached to her American Girl Doll (which is awesome, because I started to worry there for a while when she only wanted to carry around Dead Rosie, and Barfy).  However, it posses a bit of a quandary...... all she wants for Christmas is American Girl Doll clothes.  Now we were lucky enough to receive a catalog of the most freaking expensive clothes on the market- That's right!  AGD clothes. If made larger would be a little bit more that an outfit I could buy at Neiman (did I even spell that right? Not that I would know....) Marcus, and not on sale either!  Holy Mac-n-cheese Batman, this is ridiculous!

In response to this new problem, I am embarking on the journey to make AGD clothes.  This may not seem like a big deal, but I just recently sewed on my first button this past Sunday, and the only reason it works is because there is so much thread wrapped around the stupid thing that there isn't an ice cubes chance (in the bad place) that it could even fit through the whole.  Yes, it looks like a miniature rubber-band ball stuck onto my shorts-but whatya gonna do?

I was quite impressed with some pattern purchases that I made, and I will post pictures tomorrow, as I purchases some fabric for myself (I'm pretty stressed about this), and some thread, and possibly a glue gun (hey you never know what you can do with a glue gun okay)!  Any bets on this one??


3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! You can do it- and you may even find that you like it. If not, I was just at Michael's today and they have fake AGD clothes for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on this. I can only sew simple stuff. And definitely not doll clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have considered getting Isabel an AGD for Christmas, and I never considered making clothes for her ... that is a fantastic idea and I think I'll do it (since I've recently taken up sewing myself) Also, if you want company to pick out material I'd love to come with you. I LOVE fabric shopping and we can grab a Starbucks before and make a date out of it! Also, I have also recently purchased a glue gun and I use it ALL THE TIME!!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete